Saturday, December 30, 2006

Stranger Than Fiction? Possibly.

Circumstances led us to see Stranger Than Fiction last night at the Landmark Keystone Art theater. About 3 or 4 minutes into the film, which was enjoyable but managed by the end to just miss the mark, I found myself listening more than watching. Towards the middle of the film I thought: "I need to buy this soundtrack ". Sure enough, as the credits began to roll, I saw Brain Reitzell listed as the musical producer for the film. Reitzell, who was the drummer for the band Red Kross, worked with artists Roger Manning Jr., Kevin Shields, and the French band Air and began his career as a film music producer for Sophia Coppola's The Virgin Suicides. Coppola's smash hit, Lost in Translation, happens to be my favorite film soundtrack so it was with great haste I went to iTunes to download the soundtrack for Stranger Than Fiction. Strangely enough, I can't bring myself to buy it.

No comments: