Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Hamlet, revisited

The Chicago Sun-Times street vendors have taken to wearing bright orange vests that have an insert where the morning's headline is vividly displayed. I'm sure it's billboard marketing akin to folks who wear sandwich boards for restaurants: why bother reading the menu when you can see the chef's special? What I find troubling, however, is that these signs are always of the 'murder most foul' variety which, I'm sure, is meant to entice the buyer to give away his 50 cents. I'd like to see the Sun-Times pass a moratorium on this type of advertising for just one week; I might purchase a paper.

Just like the weather, church is starting to heat up. A breakthrough of heirloom quality was made this weekend and should start to make the walk a bit uncomfortable again, yet far more rewarding in the long run. For IndyChurch N&W I think summer vacation is over before it even started.

'Toddler was murdered'
Read hawker's daily shirt sign.
How could you wear that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have understood from your wife that the one thing she needs to hear you say on a regular basis is that you will never leave her.

I must say that after Sunday (which was of the "hurts so good" variety of gatherings) I may need you and the other cohorts to say the same to me...

elaine