Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sunday Morning Politics

As our group will attend the John McLaren roundtable at this year's Spirit and Place Festival I was given the luxurious chance to watch the Sunday morning pundits. Of particular interest to me were the following:

CBS Sunday Morning's piece on what it means to be a patriot. Needless to say, my views were more blue than red but I found it riveting that more Americans found it patriotic to vote (95%) than they did to serve in the military (87%). (It's toward the bottom of the article, video will be available later in the week.)

Over on FOX News Sunday (yes, normally FOX is on purely for NFC Football and The Simpsons) David Plouffe, Obama's Campaign Manager, made a rare TV appearance and made me want to be a better man. Of interest were Plouffe's comments regarding the get out the vote efforts currently underway and the rise of first time and African-American voters in this election. He made me proud in his comments regarding Indiana and how it remains in play just two days prior to the election. The best part of today's show was watching Karl Rove admit McCain's chances were 'steep' as a result of all polls showing him -5% to -9%. (Video will appear later in the day.)

As I've said before, this is my generation's Kennedy moment. I wonder how I'll feel on Wednesday.

One of my favorite sites during election season is electoral-vote.com. I'm hoping for 370 but think somewhere in the 320s is more likely. And, to scare me, look at the same data this day four years ago - remember how much of a mess that was? 

2 comments:

Josh Mugele said...

The site I've been following is fivethirtyeight.com where an old baseball statistician endlessly crunches the polling numbers.

Unknown said...

Sweet; Thank you. I had seen this site mentioned in other political blogs but never looked. Did you see how young this guy is?