Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Patty and Eugene

I've been drawn into a very interesting discussion regarding language, its deconstruction, and its effect on our relationships with those who matter most: our God; our families; our fellow travelers; our soul mates. The discussion stems from Eugene Patterson's 'Answering God: The Psalms as Tools for Prayer' and originates with Patty Hana's careful examination of how Patterson broaches the subject of language levels. (Please see Patty's blog for her thoughts on this topic, dated May 11.) I've ordered this book and am growing ever anxious to interpret it myself; I'm especially eager to think about removing the 'unnecessary' from our language and learning what is essential. We shall see.

On another topic altogether, it takes 1,297 steps to reach the client site from my hotel in Chicago including the subway. Bryan, that's for you.

Impractical shoes
High heels, pointy toes. Yes, these
Men do not suffer.

No comments: