Friday, August 03, 2007

Serendipity and IBM

Some of you know I spent quite a bit of time with IBM from April-June this year and learned lots about them. Let's just say Big Blue is busy on various fronts. A recent post from Josh brought something I discussed with one of their employees a month or so ago. The serendipitous event is Josh's love for data visualization. Josh; I never knew! (I should have asked.)

Anyway, here's an example of IBM+Josh+my iTunes library. Enjoy.

my iTunes library, visualized

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Richard,
This was pretty interesting. If you get a chance please email at cartwrib@ddg76.navy.mil. I will be here for the week before heading back to mother ship chaps@cg59.navy.mil. I have lost your email. sorry.
I hope you are well.
Brett

Josh Mugele said...

That's pretty cool. I'll have to remember to give it a shot when I get back home.

In the meantime, check out grokker.com which is basically an enterprise data management site. When you perform a search you have the option to see the results visually. We met with these guys when there was only 4 of them.